Did you know that all the program & services (active) on your system is sending data to its host or developer’s server? I am sure you have several apps installed on your device, and you don’t even know which service or program is sending data online to its host or developer. Glasswire is a free firewall management tool that gives you the power to control over the online activities of these programs and services.
Glasswire has a unique, simple but beautiful user-interface. The primary interface has the graph that scrolls and shows you the online activities of apps & services in real-time. The zoom slider on the Glasswire, lets you check more extended periods of time from the program’s primary interface.
With Glasswire, it’s easy to control and overview the activities responsible for the increase in traffic on your network. You can now see which application or service is spiking the traffic on your network and which Internet host they are communicating with. The graph on the program’s primary interface shows you the inbound (downloads) and outbound (uploads) traffic on your network.
Network Monitoring & Security
The glasswire monitors your network activities and allows you to block any suspicious activity by using the built-in firewall. The graph on Glasswire is categorized by traffic type (inbound, outbound), application and geographic location. The free version of Glasswire has a basic firewall, which doesn’t have anything much to offer, and it relies on your default Windows firewall.
However, at the same time, Glasswire enhances the firewall security of your system, by letting you see and manage the network activities of your computer, and it also helps you to stop any potential threat from the network you are connected with.
Toolbox included in Glasswire checks your network security like a change in system’s files, change in the list of devices connected to your network, ARP spoofing and alerts you in case, your computer or server is communicating with a known IP or domain threat. The glasswire team is committed to adding extra intrusion-detection rules in the future as well.
You can filter your network activities by application and protocol by monitoring the data downloaded by the applications or monitoring the SMTP activities in case you are using any webmail client. It reminds you about the data sent to the network over SMTP by applications whether or not you are using any email client.
Glasswire Firewall Security & Control
The firewall tab built into the program lets you see the list of program and services communicating online with its traffic chart. With a single click, you can stop any program or services from communicating online. And if you already are using any other firewall application, the Glasswire allows you to disable its firewall from the same firewall tab given on the program’s main user interface.
Glasswire pro, on the other hand, will let you see and manage the devices connected to your network. It shows you the device using your Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet network helping you to control the network traffic by preventing any unauthorized access to your system.
Multiple Server Monitoring
In excess of the features as described above, Glasswire also monitors servers located remotely for businesses, gaming, VOIP and web applications. You can install Glasswire on your remote servers and easily control/monitor their network activities using your local computer using remote access feature of Glasswire.
How to enable remote access feature in Glasswire?
- Install the Glasswire app on your remote server.
- Now, open the Glasswire app on your local computer.
- Then, go to settings from Glasswire main user-interface.
- And choose “remote server” to log in to your remote server.
Glasswire pro is a paid application that offers you some additional features like:
- Device connected to your network: let you see and manage the devices connected to your network.
- Webcam & Microphone detection tool: It helps you to keep your privacy safe by preventing online hackers from accessing and controlling your system’s webcam & microphone.
- It allows you to control and monitor 3 or more remote servers with six months of the history updates (for Basic license) one year of history updates (with Pro license) and unlimited history updates (for elite license).
- The paid version of Glasswire comes in three different versions: 1. The basic version at $39, 2. Pro version at $69 and 3. The elite version at $99.
- The paid version offers “lockdown mode” which blocks all the network activities while you are away from your computer.
- Other features available in paid version are: Mini graph, ask to connect, and to hide app’s activities.
About Program developer:
- Developer Name: Glasswire
- Program Homepage: https://glasswire.com
- Download Link: https://download.glasswire.com/GlassWireSetup.exe
- File Size: 33.50 MB
Term & Conditions for Glasswire Pro (three Users) lifetime license giveaway:
We have been asked by our several readers to arrange a lifetime license giveaway for Glasswire pro in last one month, and we are glad to announce that, we have managed to arrange one nos. Lifetime license key of Glasswire Pro (can be used by three users) that we would like to offer as part of this license giveaway program to our readers.
To participate in this giveaway contest, users are required to follow the rules as described below.
- Like or Follow us on our official Facebook or Twitter page.
- Share/Tweet this giveaway post on your Facebook or Twitter profile using the social sharing button given at the bottom of this post.
- Tell us your favourite feature in Glasswire and why you want to win a lifetime license along with your social media sharing link for this post in the comment box below.
- Participants are required to subscribe to our newsletters.
- This giveaway will run through 17th Jul-18 at 8:00 PM (+5:30 GMT) to 29th Jul-18 at 8:00 PM (+5:30 GMT)
- One winner will be selected randomly from the comment box below on 30th Jul-18.
Note: the Selected winner is required to claim his/her or her prize within next 72 hours of such announcement by sending us an email at email@example.com with subject “Glasswire pro (three Users) Lifetime License Giveaway by Tech-acharya” in the mail.
Congratulation to Mr Baziroll for winning the 1-lifetime license of Glasswire (3 users) in our “Review & Giveaway: Glasswire Pro (3 User) 1 Nos. Lifetime License With Free Upgrades For Life” program. We would also like to thank all other participants for participating in this giveaway.
The winner is requested to claim his/her prize by sending us his/her confirmation mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ” Winner for Review & Giveaway: Glasswire Pro (3 User) 1 Nos. Lifetime License With Free Upgrades For Life” within next 72 hours.