There are several system backup utilites in the market right now, but very few can offers the complete & perfect backup solution. Aomei is the top developer in disk management and may be its new in system backup solutions however i found it much better than its competitors.
Aomei backupper pro is the only system backup utility program that offers real time sync feature. Also none of the other vendors offers lifetime free upgrades licenses other than Aomei, which is very useful as user can save lots of money every year plus there will be no more requirement of installing or upgrading to the newer versions everytime.
Aomei Backupper pro will automatically upgrade the program to the newest minor or major versions.
Overview of what we found while testing this program:
- The interface of Aomei backupper is clean simple and easy to use. A user can simply create a new backup or can import old backups into the program’s interface. Aomei backupper tasks can be also imported/exported as well.
- In Backup section, there are 5 different functions with the use of which users can either backup & create an image of system’s partition, or can backup individual hard disks to an image file. System’s partition or dynamic volumes can be saved to an image. Aomei backupper pro also offers files and folders backup to an image file or real-time folders and file backups which sync in real time.
- In Restore section, there are two different modes,
- System Restore: This mode is used to restore the system from an image file created earlier on local or remote devices on the same hardware.
- Universal Restore: This mode does the same job as the first one but it can be used to restore the system on different hardware.
- Disk Cloning: It offers to clone the entire hard disk to another, as well as system clone, offers to clone or migrating to your system from a traditional hard-disk/SSD to SSD/traditional hard disk. You can also clone the individual partition to and from another system.
- Utilities: There are total 7 different tools available in the utility section of the program’s interface.
- IMage Checkup: to ensure the data integrity of the backup image.
- Explore image: gives users the freedom to mount an image file to a virtual partition from browsing.
- Import/Export configuration: This tool offers users to easily import/export program’s settings from one computer to another.
- View Logs: With this tool, users can view the records that occur during the backup process.
- Create bootable media: Offers users to create bootable media to use in case system is not accessible in case system don’t boot or system crashes.
- Merge Images: Users can merge two or more image files into one with the help of this tool.
- Aomei PXE Boot Tool: It loads the micro-system on the network for system maintenance
- Program’s Settings: There are 3 different compression mode levels that can help a smaller image file but can consume more time while backing up your system. Users can either choose None, Normal or High level. Aomei Backupper pro offers users to manually select the size of the image files into which their backup will be split or users can leave this setting to program’s default (Automatic). Email notification upon the successful backup can be set up to receive timely notification about the tasks.
- Other features:
- Intelligent Sector: offers Intelligent Sector backup (recommended) this will backup the used sectors of the file systems and this will also reduce the size of the image file and backup time.
- Make an exact backup: This offers sector by sector backup and can result in increase backup time as well as can also increase the size of the backup image as it will backup all sectors of the disks or partition whether used or not.
- VSS Backup: It is a backup technique provided by Microsoft which allows the program to the data without interrupting operations in progress. In case if you don’t use this feature, the program will automatically use Aomei’s built-in technique in order to back up your system without interrupting your operations or restarting your system.
- A user can set automatic program’s update on or off, Large window mode: this will make the program fit your entire screen, you can also turn on or off the system tray icon and users can also change the program’s interface language.