We have reviewed Mirillis Action! 3.0 earlier and since then, there have been a lot of UI improvement brought under the program to improve the overall look and performance of the application. In this review, we have bought all those changes that have been made to Mirillis Action! since the release of first public build of Mirillis Action! 3.0. All the changes are displayed at the bottom of this review article.
Installing Mirillis Action! 3.x.x
Installing Mirillis Action! is very easy and simple for most of the users. To install the product, users are required to:
- Go to the product’s homepage and navigate to the download page
- Download the installer and install it on your device.
- Head over the activation option and enter the activation code to activate the program.
Mirillis Action! 3.3.0 Review
Since our last review on Mirillis Action! 3.0, a lot more changes have been implemented to the program, including the user-interface improvements. The Text options have been replaced with beautiful icons to ease the user’s interaction to the program.
Mirillis Action! 3 users ultra-fast, multi-core optimized, proprietary video codec (FICV – Fast Intra Compression Video standard) which together with highly optimized application engine provides the ultimate performance of real-time HD video recording. Action! screen recorder also captures video directly to MP4 format utilizing NVIDIA NVENC, AMD APP or Intel® Quick Sync Video hardware acceleration.
Application’s user interface is one of the main reason, that clearly states why Mirillis Action! is the ultimate Screen and Game recorder application for the window. With simple to use and interactive dark mode user interface, Mirillis Action! 3 has much more to offer to its users looking for the best recording application. Unfortunately, this application is available for Windows platform only, Which is a major drawback for Mac users.
In video capture Setting section there are 4 different mode for capture, that includes: 1. Game mode, 2. Screen mode, 3. Area mode and 4. Device mode is available to the right side of program’s interface. Before we proceed further, we would like to bring our readers focus on different modes for capturing your screens and the features available in these individual modes.
Game Mode: This mode is used to record your game-play, which can be used to save recorded video locally using two different video formats that include: AVI and MP4. You can enable or disable hardware acceleration, to improve your system’s performance while recording your game screenplay. With an option to choose the recording video quality from 240p to 1080p is a very impressive feature. You can also customize video frame rate for your recording from 15fps to as high as 120fps.
Additional features, available in Game Mode:
It offers, in addition to all features, available above, Game mode offers, Shift-mode to save your last gameplay action instantly to a file, using Alt + F9 key from your keyboard. It keeps recording all your current gameplay action in a short loop buffer. To know more about Shift-mode, click here
Screen Mode: In addition to all the features, included with the Game mode, except Shift-mode, Screen mode offers an additional option to choose the active screen area to capture the desired screen area only. This feature can be used to capture video from different active desktop screens. This mode offers you to record your Windows desktop screen with complete privacy. With Screen mode, record only those applications you want to show to others and your rest of windows background will be blacked-out and will be not captured.
Area Mode: This Mode is used to capture screenshot and record video by selecting the desired area on your screen. This mode also includes drawing-panel to draw the image or text right on your windows screen, to make an interactive professional video. Saved presets can be used or a new preset can be used in the Area mode.
Device Mode: This mode is mostly used for live streaming your videos using the built-in Webcam in your system or external Webcam attached to your system. You can manually select the device from which you want to record your video and resolution at which you want to record your video. All the features under this mode are same as discussed for Game mode except Shift-mode, which is available especially for Game mode only. You can now select a device to capture your videos from gaming consoles, other PCs TV broadcast, Webcams, and Camcorders with Mirillis Action!.
Other features, which are common in all Recording modes:
- Microphone: You can use this option to manually choose the device, from which you want to record your audio for your video recording. You can either choose to record system’s audio or your own voice in your video, using any microphone device attached to your system. with an option to record audio into a separate media file and manually adjusting system’s and Microphone’s sound. You can also choose the time for delay in microphone sound capture.
- Webcam: With the Webcam option, you can either choose to record your video using the webcam built into your device or external webcam attached to your device, in all the different recording modes. With an option to choose recording resolution. You can either horizontally or vertically crop your videos and use chroma key function to adjust RGB colors, Threshold and blend for your video in setting section of this option.
- Graphic overlay: Choose any image and set them as the overlay to make your videos look more professional and to improve the background colors of your videos.
Mirillis action! 3.0 offers integration to different video streaming service providers and it includes YouTube, Twitch.tv, live stream, U stream, Aliez.tv, Smash-cast, and Facebook customizing video sizes and bit-rate for your broadcast. With Mirillis Action, you can export and upload your videos to these services as well. Mirillis Action allows the smoothest real-time HD game-play, displays average and current game frame-rate (FPS) during the game-play and also save your benchmark results.
In Screenshot section, you can select image file type (BMP, PNG, and JPEG) and screenshot area to capture the screenshot from your screen. With support for more than 10 different languages for program interface, it provides all the basic customization settings at anyone can ever need, including the option to hide/unhide application while recording.
With an option to record video in ultra high 4k resolution to low video resolution and option to customize bit rate for MP4 media files, Mirillis Action! is overall one of the best screen and game-play recording application, you will ever need for your Windows system. With Green-screen mode in Mirillis Action!, you can now cut out the background of your video while recording with your webcam and you don’t need any special camera or another paid application for that.
Mirillis Action! gives you an option to choose your own customized hotkey for each of different activities that it offers for screen and game-play recording. Unlike Techsmith Snagit, Mirillis action! is the only brand that offers lifetime license subscription with the free upgrade for life for a top class video recording program.
Mirillis Action! 3 changes and improvements (change logs)
Release date: 23/08/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.3.0
What’s new in Action! 3.3.0?
- Added advanced Time-Shift settings (maximum swap-file size and location – this allows to offload SSD disk from continuous storage of time-shifted video data)
Time-Shift saving is now done in background (not blocking)
- Added recording webcam to a separate AVI video file (for video editing purposes). Available via Webcam Settings (Capture Mode)
- Added Nvidia GPU selection that will be used to perform hardware acceleration (available via Hardware Acceleration Settings in main screen)
- Fixed webcam/microphone showing/recording on button down (in the On/Off mode)
- Added automatic stretching of 1440×1080 video content to 1920×1080 (to remove black vertical bars)
- Fixed Vulkan error message on some systems
- Fixed free disk space calculation
Release date: 03/08/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.2.0
What’s new in Action! 3.2.0?
- Added Vulkan support
- Added HDR recording in SDR format (64bit to 32bit color conversion)
- Added bench-marking file format selection (HTML or CSV formats are available)
- Important stability fixes (on Action! startup, memory leaks etc.)
- Fixed Time-Shift crashing in 4K
- Fixed low-disk space information on HUD in 4K
- Fixed memory leak on x64 systems with recent Windows 10 updates installed
Release date: 20/06/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.6
What’s new in Action! 3.1.6?
- Added browser source cropping
- Added browser source preview in overlay source settings
- Added ability to navigate browser source (click, scroll etc.)
- Fixed saving last desktop screenshot monitor selection
- Fixed recording pausing with multiple audio tracks stored to separate files
- Enabled graphics overlay changing during recording/streaming
- When recorded application/game crashes recording/streaming is not stopped and can be seamlessly continued after relaunching game/application (in MP4 mode)
- Stability fixes
- GUI improvements
Release date: 02/06/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.5
What’s new in Action! 3.1.5?
- Added 4K/UHD (150%/150DPI) mode for user interface (Settings->General->User interface size)
- Added Action! full-screen GUI mode
- Added 4K/UHD mode for drawing panel
- Improved GUI readability on small displays
- Fixed browser source on HUD refresh rate with drawing panel visible
- Fixed help language selection
Release date: 23/05/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.4
What’s new in Action! 3.1.4?
- 4K/UHD (150% size) HUD for resolutions above 2560×1440
- Moved browser/URL sources setup to live streaming tab
- Moved selected (private) application recording setup from video settings to main video tab
- GUI improvements (duration editing with editbox etc.)
Release date: 15/05/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.3
What’s new in Action! 3.1.3?
- Performance improvements in device recording mode with recording preview enabled
- Stability fixes
Release date: 08/05/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.2
What’s new in Action! 3.1.2?
- Updated RTMP servers for Twitch and Smashcast services (please make sure that you have the correct streaming server set after the update)
- Fixed Action! long startup time
- Fixed push to talk mouse hotkey assignment
- Added Webcam size/position controls in Webcam Settings window (like in Action! version 2.x)
- Improved webcam cropping
- Disabled changing video composition during recording (to not allow accidental overlay layout change)
- Fixed problem with disappearing preview when recorded game/application does not refresh
- AVI recording performance improvements
- Fixed problem of not locking Action! to selected 3D application (if more then one is running)
- Fixed conflict of Action! HUD with Uplay and Steam overlays
- Added disabling of fast OpenGL recording path on Intel GPUs (where problems occur which pixelated video) to enable this workaround please place an empty slowintel.txt file in Action! installation folder
Release date: 26/04/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.1
What’s new in Action! 3.1.1?
- Critical fix for Windows 7 (HW accelerated webcam decoding initialization could crash Action! on startup on old Intel drivers)
- Fixed support for Angle engine
- Added recording timer (like in version 2.x)
- Added streaming icons in status bar
- Fixed audio only recording duration
Release date: 20/04/2018
Version: Mirillis Action! 3.1.0
What’s new in Action! 3.1.0?
- IMPORTANT: this update is required for compatibility with new Windows Spring Creators update!
- NEW FEATURE: hardware accelerated (on selected Intel CPUs) 4K/UHD Webcam recording (for example Logitech Brio 4K webcam up to 4K/30p or even 60p – no lags or frame dropping), setup under settings->video tab
- Fixed problem with assigning multiple keys as hotkeys (CTRL or SHIFT + other keys)
Audio recording tab again available
- Fixed OPENGL recording performance on NVIDIA and AMD GPUs (4K/60p recording)
- Hardware accelerated scaling of OPENGL games and applications in AVI and MP4 mode (on NVIDIA and AMD GPUs)
- Fixed problem with attaching to games with launchers (in game recording mode). It is now possible to easily switch between multiple games/launchers running at the same time)
- Fixed switching between multiple games in preview mode
Private application recording mode again available (setup under settings->video tab)
- Fixed SSE2 support for old AMD CPUs
- Added notification about video capture/streaming and audio recording by
- highlighting tabs
- GUI improvements
- Stability fixes
No doubt that TechSmith Snagit and Mirillis Action! are top notch video recording and screen capture tool for windows. But Mirillis action! is the only screen capturing and recording application, that offers game-play recording, live streaming of your videos plus lifetime license with free upgrades for life. It also cost less than Techsmith Snagit and is available at a very reasonable price of $29.95 only, thus buying a Mirillis Action! license is a one-time investment for you.
Recommended: Follow Mirillis on Twitter
About the Giveaway:
We would like to thank Ms. Anna Wieszczeczynska and Whole Mirillis PR team for providing us 3-lifetime commercial license key of Mirrilis Action! with supports for free upgrades for life and we would like to offer these licenses to our readers as a part of this giveaway campaign. To participate in this giveaway follow all the rules as given in the form below.